COVID-19 Safety Protocols
In accordance with the government's restrictions and to maintain the health and safety of our entire church family, here's what services will look like for the foreseeable future.
- In order to meet at 30% building capacity, we will be holding two services: Sunday morning at 9am and 11am.
- Due to limited capacity, we are asking everyone to register in advance for the service they plan to attend. Registration will open by Wednesday every week via Eventbrite. As the nursery and Kids Ministry is only available at the 9am service (more below), we encourage those without children to serve our church's families by attending the 11am service whenever possible.
- The 9am service will be live-streamed, and the recorded video will be available on our website as soon as possible on Sunday for those who cannot attend in person.
- Both Sunday school and the nursery will be available exclusively at the 9am service. For more details, including a walk-through video of what Kids Ministry will look like, click here.
- Self-Screening: Worshippers are advised to stay at home and join us online if:
• they are immunocompromised or vulnerable
• they have travelled outside Ontario in the last 14 days
• they have COVID-19 or its symptoms
• they have had close contact with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19
- Sanitizing/Physical Contact: A volunteer crew will frequently clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces and common areas including door handles, counters, cabinet doors, seats, light switches, faucets, toilet handles, and hand rails. There will be no intentional passing of items from one person to another (e.g. offering plate, communion plate, bulletins, coffee/tea service, etc.). Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance.
- Flow of People: Entry will be through the front doors only, which will be held open to minimize touching. Markers on the floor will indicate where to line up outside as well as the path into the sanctuary. Exit will be through the doors at the front of the sanctuary. Seniors and those with mobility concerns will be will be ushered out using the crash doors located in the foyer after the rest of the congregation has exited.
- Seating: In order to maintain a minimum of 2 metres between members of different households, every other row of chairs has been removed from the sanctuary. Ushers will direct people to specific clusters of seats. There will be a minimum of 3 chairs (or equivalent space) between each household.
- Masks: The Town of Halton Hills has passed a bylaw requiring masks to be worn in enclosed public spaces. Masks are therefore now required to attend services unless you are exempt.
Current exemptions under the provincial regulations are:
you are under 2 years of age;
you have a medical condition that inhibits your ability to wear a face covering;
you are unable to put on or remove your face covering without help from someone else or;
you are receiving accommodations according to the Accessibility for Ontarians with
(medical documentation is not required to support the exemptions)
-Singing: Singing is encouraged, as long as you are wearing a mask.
Unity remains of utmost importance to us. While we are excited to gather once again as a church family, we understand and recognize not all of our family will be able to or comfortable with assembling in person. Please continue to join us for services online if you choose to remain at home!